Football Clemson coach Dabo Swinney explains why he voted for Ohio State over Alabama

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney explains why he voted for Ohio State over Alabama

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney had some explaining to do in front of Nick Saban on Thursday afternoon.

Swinney voted for the Buckeyes ahead of Alabama in his final ballot, but the Crimson Tide prevailed in the eyes of the College Football Playoff committee.

At the College Football Awards show joint press conference between the four playoff head coaches, Swinney was asked about that decision.

“You want the honest answer? It was a moment of insanity,” Swinney said. “It was 3 o’clock in the morning driving on a bus and I said, ‘oh, I have to do this bowl thing.’ I looked at it and saw Ohio State had 11 wins, Alabama had 11 wins, but Ohio State had just won the Big 10 Championship … It was a moment of insanity.”

That’s a good save for Swinney, who is preparing to face the Crimson Tide in the playoff for the third straight year.

“As hard I try, we just can’t get away from these guys,” Swinney joked while looking at Saban.

Saban had another guess as to why Swinney ranked the Buckeyes ahead of Alabama after championship weekend.

“He was just disrespecting his alma mater,” Saban said.

Clemson and Alabama will face off in their grudge match on New Year’s Day.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Yea he has a lot of respect for BAMA so he would rather play the Bucky boys because DUH they would have been easier to beat.

TUSKstuff

Riding The Wave
They probably learned a valuable lesson here. Go ahead and put the team you fear the most up there. It gives away too much to be caught with your pant's down.

It was a good 30 minutes on espn....no commercials....press asking questions...
Dabo did say that and NS said he was disrespecting his alma mater...drew hugh laughs...
The 4 HCs did well..very entertaining

He has been all over .. once joking about not wanting to play bama to the 3 o clock comment about filling ballots

It is apparent why he did that. He should have stuck to one explanation ... it looks laughable now.