Football Auburn Football under investigation for academic fraud

OTL: Auburn academic fraud claim probed

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn University has hired a law firm to investigate allegations that a part-time academic support staffer took a final exam for at least one football player from the 2016 team.

A source told Outside the Lines that a mentor in Auburn's Student-Athlete Support Services department took an online final exam for at least one football player. A tutor who worked with the mentor became aware of the alleged misconduct while reviewing a football player's academic records in February, the source said, noticing that the player had received a perfect grade on a final exam only a few weeks into the course. The source said the player told the tutor he had not taken the exam.

After hearing that, the source said the tutor alerted the mentor's supervisor. In August, the tutor who had reported the allegations was told her job wouldn't be renewed, according to the source; the tutor then reported the issue to Auburn's compliance director and the athletics department's human resources office.

Boy! This just might get interesting. Something has got to turn up from all the investigations going on at the Barn! Marc Richt has lost control of the Barn!!!:popcorn2:

And? Are we supposed to be surprised? As if we didn't already know that our little step sisters across the state are so desperate to be like us that they'll commit whatever fraud necessary to do just that.

In other news, sky is blue and water is wet.

Will be interesting to see if they're able to still keep all this "down home cuz" with new allegations almost on a monthly basis now.

Last edited:
Anybody found the bag man yet?
Ya know, everybody talked about how the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power, and that was the biggest hurdle in finding and/or deposing said bag man.

It has to be that the Barn has some major influence in their good ole boy network with the NCAA and what they had with Slive then., with the way they and the SEC basically cleared $cam less than a week after they announced an investigation. My thing is how were the Feds (which obviously DO wield subpoena power) not tipped off for possible bribery, racketeering, and laundering charges, just like we currently see with their basketball program being named in that case a few days ago.

I don’t view this any different than our textbook thing.

I dislike that school as much as the next guy, but what’s different between this and our textbook thing?

I dislike that school as much as the next guy, but what’s different between this and our textbook thing?
They aren't even close....
Textbook BS was an admin failure to monitor a resource.....getting class materials....the right one...the right amounts...to the right people....plus we were in violation of our probation...
Cheating....taking test .....giving pretest out....is ....cheating...and makes a student athlete not illegible.....
Big differences

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
The nearest comparison that I can come up with this morning is Linda Bensel Myers at Tennessee.

This thing I found interesting is you got the FBI looking at the basketball program, Title 9 allegations around the softball program, academic problems around the football program... Which could easily lead to SACS

But they got a big video board

Che Boludo

Space Shuttle Door Gunner

bama alum

Verified Member
HARRY'S
The nearest comparison that I can come up with this morning is Linda Bensel Myers at Tennessee.

This thing I found interesting is you got the FBI looking at the basketball program, Title 9 allegations around the softball program, academic problems around the football program... Which could easily lead to SACS

But they got a big video board
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past time for that!

uagrad93

Jack of all trades!!
HARRY'S

Getting some extra cash on the side the same as academic fraud? :naught:

This isn't on North Carolina academic fraud size but having someone take exams for a player or players is a no no!!