User Tag List

Thread: "All those summers we didn't understand why we were doing it, it's all showing right now."

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "All those summers we didn't understand why we were doing it, it's all showing right now."

This article speaks volumes about the program. I post this thinking, do people really think that Alabama has just lucked into these NC games... Because I've certainly heard a few fans mention that Alabama just got lucky the last two years with other teams losing. Anyways, thought I would share this because its a few guys being self reflective on what they've been thorough while at Alabama. Its sinking in...

http://espn.go.com/colleges/alabama/football/story/_/id/8879417/alabama-crimson-tide-players-nfl-ready-field-thanks-nick-saban

"We've been prepared for this, for me personally, five years," Williams said. "Nothing is coming as a surprise. I feel like I can handle every situation they throw at me outside of the field. Coach [Nick] Saban did well. He knows what he's doing.
    "All those summers we didn't understand why we were doing it, it's all showing right now."

"All of it is making plenty of sense now," Williams said. "In my redshirt freshman year, I remember coming in after running, and you're sitting there and people are talking and teaching you about how you think and all that when you just want to go to bed, you just want to go lay down somewhere.
    "As you get older, you realize every teaching they give has a purpose."

Last edited by planomateo; 01-25-2013 at 10:00 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to planomateo For This Useful Post:

BAMA JAMMA (01-25-2013), bama29fan (01-25-2013), Bamabww (01-25-2013), bamaraider (01-25-2013), PhillyGirl (01-26-2013), psychojoe (01-25-2013), Ump (01-29-2013), XXL TideFan (01-25-2013)

Roll Tide Roll HEISMAN BAMA JAMMA's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great piece! Every recruit should read this. Thanks for sharing.

RTB STAFF - MODERATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER It Takes Eleven's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't buy this type of positive exposure, you can only process it...