User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The recruitment of Reuben Foster....

Registered Users HEISMAN ElephantStomp's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabww View Post
    To reply to the last question, yes. He's too unstable for me and could be a problem child that gets in the way of the process. But then if the first statement is true, they know lots more about him than I do. Have to believe they've already weighed the possibilities both positive and negative concerning him.
    This

Registered Users HEISMAN uagrad93's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the previous Barner staff had as much to do with this young man having the side show taking place as anything did. You know they were behind the statement that was released and then having 2 kids of staff members on your team with their constant pressure. CNS and Co. know more about Reuben or they would have never offered him as a sophomore I believe.
    If you believe in yourself, never quit, you'll be a winner.... The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.

Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

3. The Following User Says Thank You to uagrad93 For This Useful Post:

bamafan4ever (01-24-2013)

Registered Users STARTER Splittine's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta break a horse before you can ride the trails. CNS has the round pin and whip. If he decides to come here I'm sure the rough edges will be worn down and he will be ready for the riding trails.

RTB MEMBER HALL OF FAME MEMBER Swamptick's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElephantStomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabww View Post
    To reply to the last question, yes. He's too unstable for me and could be a problem child that gets in the way of the process. But then if the first statement is true, they know lots more about him than I do. Have to believe they've already weighed the possibilities both positive and negative concerning him.
    This
    This this

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER bamafan4ever's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uagrad93 View Post
    I think that the previous Barner staff had as much to do with this young man having the side show taking place as anything did. You know they were behind the statement that was released and then having 2 kids of staff members on your team with their constant pressure. CNS and Co. know more about Reuben or they would have never offered him as a sophomore I believe.
    This is kind of what I was thinking in the back of my mind too. The flip to AU seemed very orchestrated and had "Troopa's" fingerprints all over it. Several folks have mentioned in Saban's system he could flourish and I really hope so. My concern remains with the possibility of him him extending his recruitment past signing day. Will CNS save a spot for him? That could be the deciding factor.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER psychojoe's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right after his official he was "very impressed" with us, yet he staed that wherever he went he would have to be able to see his two year old daughter. The child happens to reside in Auburn, and Auburn will be his last official visit. It would not shock me if he ended up back there.

I would be very surprised if CNS held a schollie for him past NSD. More likely he has been told that we've offered him and (-----) and whover commits first gets the schollie.

With Bozeman (after knee surgery) agreeing to a gray shirt, we do have a little more wiggle room.
    The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.

Milton Friedman

Registered Users HEISMAN uagrad93's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had read where he had stated that he might go beyond signing day BUT then I read yesterday or even the day before on one of the recruiting services where he said that he was ready to get the process over with and that he would announce on or before signing day.
    If you believe in yourself, never quit, you'll be a winner.... The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.

Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

9. The Following User Says Thank You to uagrad93 For This Useful Post:

Bamabww (01-24-2013)

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard people say that we are looking for 4 or 5 more in this class. Who are these recruits? The only one that I know of that is a high probability is Vonn Bell. The other high ranking recruits are up in the air. Are there any surprises or flips that are known out there? This is all based on what I have read on recruiting websites.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If we get all of the recruits we are setting out to nab .. do you guys think we could top our 2008 class in terms of talent?

Thanks to mrchase!

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGirl View Post
    If we get all of the recruits we are setting out to nab .. do you guys think we could top our 2008 class in terms of talent?
    Has the potential to be better than 2008 no doubt about it - but doesn't every Alabama class under Saban (hahahaha)