User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The 23 executive orders Obama signed related to guns

  1. #1
    Senior Member HALL OF FAME MEMBER RTB Twitter Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    90,778
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The 23 executive orders Obama signed related to guns

    • 1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."
    • 2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."
    • 3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."
    • 4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."
    • 5. "Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."
    • 6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."
    • 7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."
    • 8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."
    • 9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."
    • 10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."
    • 11. "Nominate an ATF director."
    • 12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."
    • 13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."
    • 14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."
    • 15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."
    • 16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."
    • 17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."
    • 18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."
    • 19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."
    • 20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."
    • 21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."
    • 22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."
    • 23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

  2. #2
    -RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    21,709
    BamaBucks
    1,072,209
    Thanks
    480
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 914 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    A whole lot of style, nary a bit of substance.

    The only one here that catches my eye is this one.

    16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

    First of all, if my doctor asked me a question like this I'd be finding a new doctor within the hour.

    However, if a doctor happened to ask me this question you can be rest assured I'd say "none of your 'effin* business and what the hell does that have to do with what ails me?"

    * I can assure you this. The language I used in this example is likely a lot cleaner than the language I would use. And that, is your PSA for today.

  3. #3
    Senior Member HEISMAN XXL TideFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    BamaBucks
    2,092
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just a prelude to a forced gun grab. They are willing to use military to go door to door and take your guns at gun point. With the socialized health mandate, dr's will soon be required to ask that question. I have gotten reports from various rural areas of people getting stopped by state police for speeding and other ticketable offences and the trooper asking them if they had guns at home, how many, what kind, etc.

  4. #4
    STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,874
    BamaBucks
    13,731
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 619 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One reason I'm glad I live in Texas...

    State Representative Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has filed legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution. The "Firearms Protection Act" bill would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state's boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal.

    "We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution that they no longer believe in. The liberties of the People of Texas and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away. The overreach of the federal administrations executive orders that are do not align with the Constitution, are not very popular here in Texas," said Representative Toth.


    Along with Wyoming, Texas will lead the country in continuing to stand for the sovereignty to run Texas as Texans see fit while exercising the Bill of Rights Amendments 2 & 10 to "prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers… [to] extending the ground of public confidence in the Government."


    Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed over twenty-three suits against the Federal Government, Representative Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.

  5. #5
    Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    15,641
    BamaBucks
    20,624
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 455 Times in 305 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXL TideFan View Post
    Just a prelude to a forced gun grab. They are willing to use military to go door to door and take your guns at gun point. With the socialized health mandate, dr's will soon be required to ask that question. I have gotten reports from various rural areas of people getting stopped by state police for speeding and other ticketable offences and the trooper asking them if they had guns at home, how many, what kind, etc.
    That is an out and out lie, flat out LIE. Stop perpetuating BS you hear Glenn Beck say, they have said REPEATEDLY, not just once or twice, but REPEATEDLY that IF the Assault Weapon Ban was passed that any assault rifles that are legally owned would be grandfathered in. Reading people say stuff like this just flat pisses me the hell off, you're trying to spread fear, BS fear. I'm seriously sick of this sh*t. "They are willing to use millitary to go door to door and take your guns at gun point", where did you hear that? Did Obama say that? Biden? Anyone? Did you even hear some nut like Alex Jones say it or did you just make that BS up in your head? And what in those "executive orders" that are listed is a "prelude to forced gun grab" lmao that sh*t is priceless, I would venture to bet you didn't even bother to read those executive orders.

  6. #6
    Senior Member HEISMAN XXL TideFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,044
    BamaBucks
    2,092
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 94 Times in 61 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman37 View Post
    That is an out and out lie, flat out LIE. Stop perpetuating BS you hear Glenn Beck say, they have said REPEATEDLY, not just once or twice, but REPEATEDLY that IF the Assault Weapon Ban was passed that any assault rifles that are legally owned would be grandfathered in. Reading people say stuff like this just flat pisses me the hell off, you're trying to spread fear, BS fear. I'm seriously sick of this sh*t. "They are willing to use millitary to go door to door and take your guns at gun point", where did you hear that? Did Obama say that? Biden? Anyone? Did you even hear some nut like Alex Jones say it or did you just make that BS up in your head? And what in those "executive orders" that are listed is a "prelude to forced gun grab" lmao that sh*t is priceless, I would venture to bet you didn't even bother to read those executive orders.
    Wouldn't listen to Glen Beck if my life depended on it. You operate on the premise that government is good. I operate on the premise that government of the type that we have is evil. Doesn't matter anyway, nothing that I have will ever be registered and there is no way of knowing how many I have. My assault looking rifles and all the ammo is hid away. The gubmint knows I have a 30-06 for "sporting purposes".

    All tyrannical regimes used registration as a prelude to a gun grab.

    You can be a loyal subject of the empire if you want, I am a citizen protecting my rights that you so easily toss away.
    Last edited by XXL TideFan; 01-17-2013 at 06:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    15,641
    BamaBucks
    20,624
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 455 Times in 305 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXL TideFan View Post
    Wouldn't listen to Glen Beck if my life depended on it. You operate on the premise that government is good. I operate on the premise that government of the type that we have is evil. Doesn't matter anyway, nothing that I have will ever be registered and there is no way of knowing how many I have. My assault looking rifles and all the ammo is hid away. The gubmint knows I have a 30-06 for "sporting purposes".

    All tyrannical regimes used registration as a prelude to a gun grab.

    You can be a loyal subject of the empire if you want, I am a citizen protecting my rights that you so easily toss away.
    You operate on the premise that everyone is out to get you. Continue to live in fear, I'm sure we'll read a story on you shooting someone because of your paranoia some day "but missah he was coming afta ah guuuuunz! i swearz!"

    I find it hilarious that you think a tyranny would need for you to register your guns, wouldnt a "tyrant" just simply run into your house and search for them? Oh way that's that logic creeping in, you dont subscribe to that. Obama will come and go and there won't be any dictatorship,t here won't be any civil war, there won't be any invading of homes to take guns... then the next president will come along and if god forbid he mentions ANYTHING about looking at our gun laws you'll scream the very same thing even if he simply says "I think we should keep bazookas and AK47s illegal" and thats it.

  8. #8
    Banned ALL-CONFERENCE 0LDSCH00L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    360
    BamaBucks
    100
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 37 Times in 25 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #9
    Senior Member HEISMAN BamaPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,148
    BamaBucks
    306
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All you have to do is read some history books to be very leery of any move to prohibit or ban arms.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BamaPride For This Useful Post:

    BamaJay73 (05-08-2013)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •