BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Bama tops Tennessee for the 3rd straight year

WOOOOOO!!!!!

Releford's 15 points in the 2nd half help us pass by the Viles and gain our first win in conference play. I did not notice the game was on until halftime, but from what I heard, it was pretty bad in the 1st half. Shot 26% in the first, yikes. Ended up rebounding and shot 42.6 in the second half. Steele came off the bench and scored 11.

Pretty sub-par crowd, not sure what's going on but Coleman should never be that empty...Good or bad, you have to support your team through thick-and-thin.

Key stat in this game, Alabama sank 16 of 19 free throws while the Viles were 8 of 16. Alabama had a chance to put it away but Lacey missed a big 3 at the end they ended up having the ball with 19

Good win, not all that impressive, but its a win over the Viles for the 3rd straight year.
    Last edited by bamaraider; 01-13-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Registered Users HEISMAN TheChief's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always fun to watch the Tide take down the Viles... in ANYTHING... and everything. I get to go watch the game two weeks from now in Knoxville. Should be fun.

If you missed the game, the first half was awful, for both teams. I don't think Bama looks good at all, but it was good enough today. The way things look right now, it seems the tourney will be tough to make. Grant has a way of making things happen though. Let's hope they get it together. The team is not a unit right now.

Registered Users HEISMAN ElephantStomp's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first half was an awful display of basketball by both teams. We've got a lot of work to do to make the tourney, we just don't look good at all.

Is this Grant's third or fourth year?

Registered Users HEISMAN bamaraider's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElephantStomp View Post
    The first half was an awful display of basketball by both teams. We've got a lot of work to do to make the tourney, we just don't look good at all.

Is this Grant's third or fourth year?
    this is his 3rd I believe. Gottfired was fired after the 08-09 season.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
    Always fun to watch the Tide take down the Viles... in ANYTHING... and everything. I get to go watch the game two weeks from now in Knoxville. Should be fun.

If you missed the game, the first half was awful, for both teams. I don't think Bama looks good at all, but it was good enough today. The way things look right now, it seems the tourney will be tough to make. Grant has a way of making things happen though. Let's hope they get it together. The team is not a unit right now.
    After the lost to Dayton and VCU, I knew we weren't going to make it, we just don't have the players. Offenses are just pounding away at us in the post, no physicality from us, bad finishes due to depth.. NIT is our main goal now and beating Auburn....Speaking of Auburn, they have won 3 in a row now with the win over South Carolina.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure on the numbers, but it doesn't seem like Bama can shoot. They go through times in the game where the shots fall and then it's just nothing.

I've been a huge fan of Anthony Grant and still am. If he doesn't find a shooter and get him on campus, the Tide will be looking for another coach in another couple of years. We have athletes galore. We don't have shooters. I thought Lacey might come around, but without looking at the numbers and just watching it doesn't seem as though he has.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, if anyone has his ear, there is a shooter/point guard who is a junior at Meigs County in Tennessee. He looks to be a bit over 6'5", handles the ball well, and he can shoot lights out. His team is terrible. He can flat out play.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Offensive woes have been a problem since Gottfried. We have the players, its development and the inconsistency that is our problem..Releford has caught on though, starting to hit from outside the arc, reminds me of Aaron Craft at OSU..... Not sure what has happened to Cooper lately, shooting under 40% since December hit.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER psychojoe's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one who has seen him play would call Karl Engstrom a great player. Still, he had learned to use that huge body and long arms to keep the bad guys out of the paint. We are being regularly attacked down low, and will be for the rest of the season. What winning we will do this year will have to be done similarly to how we played the vols in the second half. Extend our defense, get turnovers and score off our defense. Our 3 point shooting has been erratic, though it was pretty good Saturday. On days when those shots are not falling we will have a tough time winning because we don't have a real low post scoring threat.

We will go as far as our guards will carry us.
    The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.

Milton Friedman

10. The Following User Says Thank You to psychojoe For This Useful Post:

bamaraider (01-15-2013)

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psychojoe View Post
    No one who has seen him play would call Karl Engstrom a great player. Still, he had learned to use that huge body and long arms to keep the bad guys out of the paint. We are being regularly attacked down low, and will be for the rest of the season. What winning we will do this year will have to be done similarly to how we played the vols in the second half. Extend our defense, get turnovers and score off our defense. Our 3 point shooting has been erratic, though it was pretty good Saturday. On days when those shots are not falling we will have a tough time winning because we don't have a real low post scoring threat.

We will go as far as our guards will carry us.
    Totally agree...Nick Jacobs has been getting mauled a few games, not sure what's going on but the refs are missing a lot of calls on him...I'm just ready for when Jimmie Taylor gets here, hopefully we can maybe get a PG/SG too for when Releford leaves in two years.