User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: congrats

  1. #11
    STAFF HEISMAN PhillyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,846
    BamaBucks
    29,121
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 261 Times in 193 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0LDSCH00L View Post
    Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

    The Philadelphia Eagles have interviewed Notre Dame's Brian Kelly for their coaching vacancy, league sources told ESPN.
    Kelly met with the Eagles on Tuesday, and there was mutual interest after the interview, according to league sources. Kelly left the country after meeting with the Eagles and could not be reached for comment.
    The Eagles and Kelly have agreed to revisit talks when he returns this weekend, according to league sources.
    CBSSports.com reported Wednesday that theChicago Bears also are interested in Kelly. But sources refuted that report to ESPNChicago.com.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...acancy-sources


    Don't remind me

    Thanks to mrchase!

  2. #12
    STAFF HEISMAN PhillyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,846
    BamaBucks
    29,121
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 261 Times in 193 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0LDSCH00L View Post
    I have agreed with Coach Saban with his approach of each season having its own destiny and each team having to make they own mark, but in this case I think talking about the three-peat as the goal for 2013 might actually help keep everyone focused and motivated?

    Coach Bryant did it in 1966 and they went undefeated.

    Thoughts?
    I agree. I think this year, the repeat/3 in 4 years was the driving goal. Especially after the loss to Texas A&M, they were ready to prove to the world how much they deserved that crystal football again. The three-peat will definitely be the big buzz word this season, like 'dynasty' was this past season in the weeks leading up to the NC. They have a very good shot at going undefeated (moreso than last season, and we damn near almost did it).

    Thanks to mrchase!

  3. #13
    STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER bamafan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Adairsville, GA
    Posts
    21,692
    BamaBucks
    6,838
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked 171 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    Terry, what are your thoughts on it? We all know (myself included) that if any coach can do it, Saban is that coach. But we've seen his team let it get away from them before (2010) and that was after one title and GMac wasn't near as umm...exuberant as AJ, nor was he bedding Miss Alabama. With a lack of "superstars" so to speak, this team won with perfect technique instead of technique and world-beater talent like last year's bunch. I'm not insulting this year's group at all--results speak for themselves, of course. It feels to me, as a guy that doesn't watch as much Bama as you all do, that this bunch wouldn't have the luxury of letting their guard down like a bunch led by 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder. How do you see that suing out with the losses?

    I still think your offense will be fine. AJ is still a good QB and will arguably be the best in school history. He will also have his fair share of distractions this summer. Yeldon is great. Fowler and Harr will be healthy and you have 27 running backs committed. The OL is losing a ton and while they will no doubt be good next year, I hope I don't hear anyone say they'll be just as good as this year because they won't, not many in the country will ever be as good as this year's OL. Regardless, Saban has recruited small rhinos at that position so there will always be talent.

    Sorry for the ginormous, meandering question. I have bronchitis and I'm on cough syrup. If something doesn't make sense just mod edit it out :cool:
    Sounds like you have AJ issues to me Duder. What difference does it make who he is "bedding"? I usually enjoy your posts but you are coming off as a typical Barner to me on this whole thing.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ALL-CONFERENCE RollinInPcola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    390
    BamaBucks
    559
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan4ever View Post
    Sounds like you have AJ issues to me Duder. What difference does it make who he is "bedding"? I usually enjoy your posts but you are coming off as a typical Barner to me on this whole thing.
    I think the statement about "bedding" Miss Alabama is a valid point considering the enormous swell of publicity around her after the NCG broadcast. It has the potential to be a very real distraction, one that I feel AJ will handle just as well as he has everything else. Its just one of many things that will be swirling around him as the year progresses.

  5. #15
    RTB BOOKIE HEISMAN tidentrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,073
    BamaBucks
    5,531
    Thanks
    376
    Thanked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan4ever View Post
    Sounds like you have AJ issues to me Duder. What difference does it make who he is "bedding"? I usually enjoy your posts but you are coming off as a typical Barner to me on this whole thing.
    I completely disagree with this statement
    UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA SIDEWALK ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
    **************** MEMBER SINCE 1968***************

  6. #16
    Senior Member ALL-CONFERENCE gumboman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    346
    BamaBucks
    318
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    I thought Bama would win but I thought ND's D could perform better. They got smashed. They were poorly coached but honestly, I don't think it would've mattered.

    Another random thought, this offseason will be Nick's hardest since he's been at Bama. AJ will draw a ton of attention for various reasons and, I don't care who the coach is, it'll he hard to keep heads out of the clouds.

    But, back to the original point, congrats. Enjoy it, guys.




    Sounds like wishful thinking to me. What makes next year any different than this year? The word "Dynasty?" I'm sure Coach Saban will have his hands full, due to AJ getting the big head because he won a national Championship. He's only been there three times. I sure hope he can hold it together.

  7. #17
    Registered Users HEISMAN uagrad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    3,161
    BamaBucks
    152,691
    Thanks
    347
    Thanked 142 Times in 108 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    Terry, what are your thoughts on it? We all know (myself included) that if any coach can do it, Saban is that coach. But we've seen his team let it get away from them before (2010) and that was after one title and GMac wasn't near as umm...exuberant as AJ, nor was he bedding Miss Alabama. With a lack of "superstars" so to speak, this team won with perfect technique instead of technique and world-beater talent like last year's bunch. I'm not insulting this year's group at all--results speak for themselves, of course. It feels to me, as a guy that doesn't watch as much Bama as you all do, that this bunch wouldn't have the luxury of letting their guard down like a bunch led by 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder. How do you see that suing out with the losses?

    I still think your offense will be fine. AJ is still a good QB and will arguably be the best in school history. He will also have his fair share of distractions this summer. Yeldon is great. Fowler and Harr will be healthy and you have 27 running backs committed. The OL is losing a ton and while they will no doubt be good next year, I hope I don't hear anyone say they'll be just as good as this year because they won't, not many in the country will ever be as good as this year's OL. Regardless, Saban has recruited small rhinos at that position so there will always be talent.

    Sorry for the ginormous, meandering question. I have bronchitis and I'm on cough syrup. If something doesn't make sense just mod edit it out :cool:

    This offense next season could be EVEN MORE potent than this group that just finished with setting numerous school records. I believe O line play will be pretty good with Steen and CK anchoring the line. We have numerous guys with experience a long with bringing to guys in ( Hill out of prep school and Brown from JUCO) that can immediately step into the HUGE shoes that DJ just left. Is there anyone as versitile as Barrett Jones, probably not. We have a stable of backs here ( Fowler and Hart back from injury)and more committed (Henry, Jones, and Tenpenny). Wrs returning (Cooper, Norwood, Cyrus Jones, Christion Jones, Chris Black) and incoming ( Falkins, Foster, Stewart)! AJ is better than GOOD! Defensively, we should be better than this bunch as well. Ivory managed NG, Stinson, Fanning(belly to back), Pagan, Pettway, Lake, Kirven, Tomlinson. LBs will be talented with only the loss of Nico Johnson. The secondary will be better as well. We lose Milliner and Lester, but return Belue, Fulton, G. Smith, Clinton-Dix, Sunseri, Landon Collins, J. Williams back from injury, Nick Perry, and Eddie Williams.
    The talent is here for another run! I believe the leadership is here too! Saban will have his mantra down and delivered by the time the parade is over next weekend!!
    If you believe in yourself, never quit, you'll be a winner.... The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.

    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

  8. #18
    STAFF HEISMAN PhillyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,846
    BamaBucks
    29,121
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 261 Times in 193 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollinInPcola View Post
    I think the statement about "bedding" Miss Alabama is a valid point considering the enormous swell of publicity around her after the NCG broadcast. It has the potential to be a very real distraction, one that I feel AJ will handle just as well as he has everything else. Its just one of many things that will be swirling around him as the year progresses.
    Agreed, he is no Tony Romo

    Thanks to mrchase!

  9. #19
    STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER bamafan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Adairsville, GA
    Posts
    21,692
    BamaBucks
    6,838
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked 171 Times in 92 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollinInPcola View Post
    I think the statement about "bedding" Miss Alabama is a valid point considering the enormous swell of publicity around her after the NCG broadcast. It has the potential to be a very real distraction, one that I feel AJ will handle just as well as he has everything else. Its just one of many things that will be swirling around him as the year progresses.
    Bullhockey. I have found the press and some fans making more out of it than AJ ever has. If there had been a weakness in his character before now that shows this could be an issue then maybe I would buy what some of you are selling. Otherwise, it hasn't been a distraction for AJ until now and why should it start?

  10. #20
    STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER psychojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pelham, Alabama
    Posts
    14,442
    BamaBucks
    135,568
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 164 Times in 121 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Next year will be interested. We bring back a top level qb and an array of very talented receivers, as well as a very talented group of funning backs. As was said above, no way is the new OL as good as the 2012 version. The three guys leaving, barring injuries, will be playing on Sundays a long time. I know we will be plugging in some capable, talented guys, but no way will they match the group that is leaving.

    We may end up with a more like a 50/50 run pass ratio, whereas this past season it was something like two runs for every pass. If we can pass protect the offense could be more explosive than 2012.
    The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.

    Milton Friedman


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •