User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nico and some other Vets called a team meeting today.........

Senior Member HEISMAN Southern Bama's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nico and some other Vets called a team meeting today.........

apparently they feel the team isnt practicing with as much intensity / focus as they should. I saw this on ESPN's running ticker while watching the Under Armour game.

Roll Tide Roll HEISMAN BAMA JAMMA's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard it on ESPN today as well. I think it's a good sign as they know what to look for in a game this big.

ironically some Finebaum caller said later that he heard from "a source" *gasp* that some star offensive players were sent home to Tuscaloosa due to being a team distraction. Did not sound like a Saban coached team. Probably a barner calling in. Haven't heard anything of the sort.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA JAMMA View Post
    ironically some Finebaum caller said later that he heard from "a source" *gasp* that some star offensive players were sent home to Tuscaloosa due to being a team distraction. Did not sound like a Saban coached team. Probably a barner calling in. Haven't heard anything of the sort.
    I heard Ryan Anderson and Dillon Lee were sent home for breaking curfew. Haven't heard of anyone else.

Banned ALL-CONFERENCE 0LDSCH00L's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complacency is like a cancer to a Championship Team and too much success can be like Kryptonite to any Super Team. The only way Alabama loses this game is if they lose their edge!

Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yikes if we needed to hold a team meeting thats probably not a good sign.

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 912 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bama View Post
    apparently they feel the team isnt practicing with as much intensity / focus as they should. I saw this on ESPN's running ticker while watching the Under Armour game.
    On the other hand, Saban makes a comment to Rinaldi about the team having very good practices Thursday and Friday.

Registered Users HEISMAN TheChief's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry, that's what I've been reading as well. AJ tweeted about a great practice a day or so ago. I'm thinking it's a meeting to say "be in your room early. This isn't a vacation. We came here to win. Go to Miami some other time if you want to. We're here to play."

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 912 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
    Terry, that's what I've been reading as well. AJ tweeted about a great practice a day or so ago. I'm thinking it's a meeting to say "be in your room early. This isn't a vacation. We came here to win. Go to Miami some other time if you want to. We're here to play."
    One thing I really appreciate about the group we have here is the infrequency we have people jumping off the proverbial cliff—or at least standing on the edge leaning forwards.

On a well known premium site covering Alabama I know if I've seen one I've seen more than a dozen different threads about where the team is staying and the atmosphere found at the Fountainbleu. Yet, if I'm not mistaken, I'm the first that's mentioned it here.

I read so many fretting over the choice, a lot calling it a mistake by Saban when it was actually a decision the Orange Bowl committee makes (as they've done each and every year,) and I wonder which wind is going to knock their feet out from under them next.

If the team loses because they couldn't didn't handle their environment they weren't supposed to win the big one in the first place. Simply put, they just weren't good enough.

In the last 24 hours I've seen a few reporters—one major Alabama beat writer—step into the deep end seemingly without the ability to swim. Sadly, a large group followed.

I wish there was a checklist that people went through.

Q: Is this someone's opinion? A: √
    Q: Is this opinion right or wrong? A: √ It doesn't matter, it's their opinion.

Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
    Barrett made mention to that same thing earlier this morning, he said something along the line "we had to remind some of the younger guys this isnt a vacation" and when the reporters asked him if the message was received, he smiled and said "oh yeah."