User Tag List

Thread: Moore memories: Alabama athletics director has had inside looks at Alabama and Notre Dame

RTB.com's Alabama News Bot HALL OF FAME MEMBER BAMANEWSBOT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Moore memories: Alabama athletics director has had inside looks at Alabama and Notre Dame

Mal Moore is known for his long association with his alma mater, but he was the running backs coach at Notre Dame from 1983-85, and he treasures those three years.

Read More Here...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BAMANEWSBOT For This Useful Post:

Bamabww (12-27-2012)

RTB STAFF - BAMA NEWS HEISMAN 252BAMA's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good read and one I tried to share with a ND board, Irishenvy. I have been a member there for nearly 3 years. I rarely post, and it is even more rare when they allow my posts to go up. It pisses me off to see their fans have free access to our boards, and Bama fans are not given the same consideration. A bunch of Hollier than thou bastards.

Junior Member RECRUIT Dearg Doom's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 252BAMA View Post
    Good read and one I tried to share with a ND board, Irishenvy. I have been a member there for nearly 3 years. I rarely post, and it is even more rare when they allow my posts to go up. It pisses me off to see their fans have free access to our boards, and Bama fans are not given the same consideration. A bunch of Hollier than thou bastards.
    If it makes you feel any better, it's already been posted on at least one Irish board.

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showp...=419461;d=this

Check out the link, and check out the comments. I think you'll get a feel for the high level of respect Irish fans have for Alabama football.

Don't know why you were banned, but as a guest on a Bama board, I feel fairly confident I would outlast my welcome the minute I peed on the rug, and rightfully so.

On a side note, as a born and bred New Yorker, I'm a late comer to college football fandom. I grew up in Queens as a fan of the Mets and the Jets. Free agency and strikes soured me on professional sports. I found it silly to be more intensely loyal to a team than the players who were actually fortunate enough to take the field for it.

As a late comer, I have a converts zeal. And I can tell you, if you have an apreciation of college football, you have an apreciation of the Crimson Tide, and in particular the legacy and impact of Bear Bryant. When I had the occasion to spend ten minutes with one of his pall bearers, Joe Namath, I didn't waste any chit chat on the Jets, but talked instead about his old coach and mentor.

Also, fwiw, Mal Moore sells himself short. He was also assistant head coach for '84-85

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dearg Doom For This Useful Post:

Bamabww (12-27-2012)

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 619 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dearg Doom View Post
    Also, fwiw, Mal Moore sells himself short.
    Easy to downplay all kinda things when you have this much bling :)

I say this jokingly, as I imagine the rings don't define him, it's just an example of a small portion of the events he's been part of.

http://www.rolltide.com/genrel/moore_mal00.html

Moore's distinguished record of service to UA began more than 50 years ago when he joined the Crimson Tide football squad as a scholarship player for coach Paul "Bear" Bryant from 1958-62. Moore has the distinction of being a part of nine national championship football teams as a player, coach and athletic director (1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, and 2011), 16 SEC championships, and 38 bowl trips. He is the only individual connected with the Tide program to be a part of nine national football championships.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to planomateo For This Useful Post:

Bamabww (12-27-2012)

RTB STAFF - BAMA NEWS HEISMAN 252BAMA's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dearg Doom View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, it's already been posted on at least one Irish board.

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showp...=419461;d=this

Check out the link, and check out the comments. I think you'll get a feel for the high level of respect Irish fans have for Alabama football.

Don't know why you were banned, but as a guest on a Bama board, I feel fairly confident I would outlast my welcome the minute I peed on the rug, and rightfully so.

On a side note, as a born and bred New Yorker, I'm a late comer to college football fandom. I grew up in Queens as a fan of the Mets and the Jets. Free agency and strikes soured me on professional sports. I found it silly to be more intensely loyal to a team than the players who were actually fortunate enough to take the field for it.

As a late comer, I have a converts zeal. And I can tell you, if you have an apreciation of college football, you have an apreciation of the Crimson Tide, and in particular the legacy and impact of Bear Bryant. When I had the occasion to spend ten minutes with one of his pall bearers, Joe Namath, I didn't waste any chit chat on the Jets, but talked instead about his old coach and mentor.

Also, fwiw, Mal Moore sells himself short. He was also assistant head coach for '84-85
    Other than not being a ND fan, there is no reason for my posts to be banned. Most of them are news related, as this one was. Same as on this board, which is why the administrators of this board added me to their News Staff. I have never said one untoward word, nor violated any of their rules for posting.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good article. Thanks for sharing that with us. There was an engineer at work whose dad was an employee in the athletic department in some manner and he had told his son about that letter that was framed from Coach Bryant.
    Bamabww (Wayne)

Junior Member RECRUIT Dearg Doom's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 252BAMA View Post
    Other than not being a ND fan, there is no reason for my posts to be banned. Most of them are news related, as this one was. Same as on this board, which is why the administrators of this board added me to their News Staff. I have never said one untoward word, nor violated any of their rules for posting.
    As I said in my post, I don't know why you were banned. Sorry if I inferred you had it coming to you! Have you tried posting on Domer Domain? This Bama fan posted this same article and got a warm reception.

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42510