Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGirl View Post
    Ugh, they can HAVE Vick. I didn't want him when we signed him, and I don't want him now. There was some report recently that Vick said he only wanted the Jets to sign him if he was guaranteed to be the starter over Sanchez and get more money. Dude, be glad Andy Reid gave you any opportunity at all when you got out of jail. Considering how he has played the past 2 seasons (granted, he had some injuries), he is no place to be making requests of other teams .. Jets would be wise to avoid him. Cocky, prone to injury, and just a one-trick pony.

I really think this is McElroy's chance to shine. He's a smart guy and a great athlete. Plus, we all want to see him make Tebow cry again

I gotta disagree with Vick... as a Falcons fan I can attest to the cockiness, but that was when he was hear. Vick seems REALLY humble now and realizes how bad he screwed up and how big it was for him to get a 2nd chance. Eagles fans are really quick to blame Vick but ignore the reason hes been injured the last two seasons so much is because of how unbelievably TERRIBLE the offensive line is, its horrendous. Now, Vick STILL has trouble picking up/recognizes blitzes which is inexcusable at this point in his career but it seems like Reid never bothered to try and fix that. He needs a QB coach that can help him learn those parts of his game that he still has trouble with, Jets aint that. People are still bitter about the dog fighting thing and just are happy that hes been struggling (not saying you're one), he paid his debt to society and its time to let it go.

As far as his demanding to be the starter over Sanchez... lol I'd start a 2nd string high school QB over Sanchez at this point so that wouldnt be too big of a demand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Birdman37 For This Useful Post:

mrchase (12-23-2012)

Registered Users ALL-CONFERENCE mrchase's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bamanaf View Post
    Who's showing this ball game?

Im watching here......http://www.vipbox.tv/american-footba...am-online.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member ALL-AMERICAN EuroTide's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the nfl gamepass thing is free this sunday so you might be able to watch it in HD online

Banned ALL-CONFERENCE 0LDSCH00L's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Greg gas a GREAT game and the Jets win, would that be a thing of beauty?

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman37 View Post
    I gotta disagree with Vick... as a Falcons fan I can attest to the cockiness, but that was when he was hear. Vick seems REALLY humble now and realizes how bad he screwed up and how big it was for him to get a 2nd chance. Eagles fans are really quick to blame Vick but ignore the reason hes been injured the last two seasons so much is because of how unbelievably TERRIBLE the offensive line is, its horrendous. Now, Vick STILL has trouble picking up/recognizes blitzes which is inexcusable at this point in his career but it seems like Reid never bothered to try and fix that. He needs a QB coach that can help him learn those parts of his game that he still has trouble with, Jets aint that. People are still bitter about the dog fighting thing and just are happy that hes been struggling (not saying you're one), he paid his debt to society and its time to let it go.

As far as his demanding to be the starter over Sanchez... lol I'd start a 2nd string high school QB over Sanchez at this point so that wouldnt be too big of a demand.

The crap Vick says as well as his demeanor on the field and on the sideline does not endear him to Eagles fans like myself yet I still see Vick jerseys everywhere. He is still quite loved, though we know his time with us is over. I gave him a fair chance instead of judging him right out when we signed him. But he is not (and I doubt he has ever been) a true team player. He showed a lot of promise in his first year with us but after that he did not play like he was on a team. Until last year, Reid was a great QB coach; the Reid-McNabb dynamic did not bring us a championship but we experienced much success during those years. McNabb really got groomed. Vick's problems the past years are largely due to the o-line, and I am the biggest champion of the importance of a good (non-injured; unfortunately our o-line is depleted) o-line, but Vick made some incredibly careless and reckless mistakes the past 2 seasons. Watching him week after week, he just does not seem to care about the team anymore. That first year, I really had high hopes for him (as much as I disagreed with the signing) but he has fallen further. I am not happy he is struggling, I want him to succeed and I want my team to succeed, but this is not the place for him. I still do not think he is in a place to be making demands of anyone; the cockiness just continues, and teams will see that. I want to see McElroy succeed now. I think Vick is done, though I do see a team signing him as a backup; which is where he belongs, with his style of play and attitude.

Edit: Though I do thank him for his important role in the Miracle at the New Meadowlands in '10. The last 7 minutes of that game took years off of my life.
    Last edited by PhillyGirl; 12-23-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks to mrchase!

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greg McElroy calls starting job 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity'

Thanks Mr chase

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greg McElroy calls starting job 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity'

If Greg makes it through this game in one piece I'll be happy

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That was rough. The Jets are just a mess.

McElroy, 14/24, 185 yards, 1 INT

Jets play the Bills next, who are 5-10. Jets are 6-9. Bills have tumbled this whole season, so I hope we get to see McElroy improve next week. All in all though, not a bad showing considering the team lol. I'm no Jets fan but I always liked McElroy.

Thanks to mrchase!

Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He got beat to sh*t in the game, I think he was hit 14 times and sacked 8.