BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 915 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0LDSCH00L View Post
    They are actually two related stories exacerbated by the questions asked by Scarbinsky and company and answered by an honest but an unsuspecting Terry Saban concerning Alabama and Nick Saban. Her interview with "The Zone" was a topic on ESPN's "First Take" today where her answers were twisted to make it sound as though the Sabans are not happy in Tuscaloosa and that winning at Alabama has become "not fun".

About 1 hour in: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8736557

My point was that Mrs Saban was blindsided by Scarbinsky by having her on the show to talk about a Nick's Kids project knowing all along that they were planning to hit her with questions about Coach Saban's future at Alabama.

I personally think it was a dirty trick to lure Terry Saban on the show with the pretense of helping Nick's Kids when they intended to blindside her with questions about her husband.

http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101765001/
    One is an article written in the Boston newspaper.

The other is an interview conducted on an Alabama radio station.

One talking about the possibility of Saban to the Browns.

The other talking about whether Nick is happy.

Those aren't related.

Now, people are taking both and combining them and using them as fuel to extend this subject.

What is glaringly absent from the interview with Griffin and Scarbinsky are their comments after the interview about their impression that the Saban's where happy in Tuscaloosa and weren't leaving.

There are things Scarbinsky writes I don't agree with. There are things he writes I do agree with. His job is editorializing on college football in the state of Alabama.

The one thing that Alabama fans will not escape, and neither will Saban until he retires for good, are questions about whether he'll move on to another challenge.

Personally, I think we're all better off served to take it for what's it's worth. Speculation. He's made this bed.

Bottom line: If he were to leave after this season we're better off now than when he took the job. Years from now I'll still look at these past few years and be thankful for what he brought.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TerryP For This Useful Post:

0LDSCH00L (12-12-2012), Bo (12-12-2012), ElephantStomp (12-12-2012)

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0LDSCH00L View Post
    They are actually two related stories exacerbated by the questions asked by Scarbinsky and company and answered by an honest but an unsuspecting Terry Saban concerning Alabama and Nick Saban. Her interview with "The Zone" was a topic on ESPN's "First Take" today where her answers were twisted to make it sound as though the Sabans are not happy in Tuscaloosa and that winning at Alabama has become "not fun".

About 1 hour in: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8736557

My point was that Mrs Saban was blindsided by Scarbinsky by having her on the show to talk about a Nick's Kids project knowing all along that they were planning to hit her with questions about Coach Saban's future at Alabama.

I personally think it was a dirty trick to lure Terry Saban on the show with the pretense of helping Nick's Kids when they intended to blindside her with questions about her husband.

http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101765001/
    While I'm not a big fan of Scarbinsky, I was listening to this station when the interview with Miss Terry was going on. It didn't seem like any kind of blind side to me. Also keep in mind she is a very smart lady, and I'm pretty sure she was expecting to get questions like that since the rumor was already floating around.
    If a team doesn't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how the hell are they gonna play tough on Saturday?

Paul W. Bryant

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo For This Useful Post:

planomateo (12-12-2012)

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 619 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    While I'm not a big fan of Scarbinsky, I was listening to this station when the interview with Miss Terry was going on. It didn't seem like any kind of blind side to me. Also keep in mind she is a very smart lady, and I'm pretty sure she was expecting to get questions like that since the rumor was already floating around.
    Agree with ya, almost posted this yesterday. I don't think the pretense was to blindside anyone.

- RTB STAFF HEISMAN CrimsonPirate's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uagrad93 View Post
    Our opponents want SO DESPERATELY for CNS to leave that they can't stand it! So what do they do? Come up with every possible way for Saban to be linked to someone that knows someone that taught Sunday school to someones' nephew that knows Saban will go to this or that job. IMHO, I don't see CNS leaving Bama to go to Cleveland.I don't see him going back to the NFL period. I could honestly see him staying at Bama another 4-5 years and then retiring with a few more Crystal Balls to his credit.
    LSU fans, at least the ones I know, are praying for Saban to become the Browns' head coach.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you know, this is what happens when you coach one of the best programs in the country and have the success Saban has. I heard the interview and I think there is some merit to what she said about "relief" after winning. This is pretty much what happened at ND with Ara and Lou and was the primary reason for them stepping down. I have no idea if Saban would want to go to Cleveland, but if I had to guess, it would be to run the franchise instead of coaching it unless he feels he still had something to prove coaching in the NFL.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER bamafan4ever's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
    As you know, this is what happens when you coach one of the best programs in the country and have the success Saban has. I heard the interview and I think there is some merit to what she said about "relief" after winning. This is pretty much what happened at ND with Ara and Lou and was the primary reason for them stepping down. I have no idea if Saban would want to go to Cleveland, but if I had to guess, it would be to run the franchise instead of coaching it unless he feels he still had something to prove coaching in the NFL.
    This isn't something new or newsworthy. Both Coach Saban and Mrs. Saban have both said this in relation to expectations at Alabama. Both knew the expectations when they arrived at the Capstone and it has only been reaffirmed after the teams recent success. It has NOTHING to do with their happiness and being at the University of Alabama. I trust them both when they say this is their final stop and if it isn't, THANK YOU Coach Saban for what you have done for our program! He would have left the University a much better place than he found it.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER psychojoe's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year the rumor was that he was going to the Cowboys. Every year since the first NC in 2009 there has been a fresh rumor about him leaving. While I don't know that anyone we recruit against has beeen involved in starting these rumors, you can bet that they have been and will be used in recruiting against us.

Both of the Sabans have said that this is their last coaching stop, and I will take them at their word. Even if they leave, ot I look at what our program was like in 2006 as compared to what it is today and thank and thank him for making t'town one of his stops.
    The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.

Milton Friedman

Senior Member HEISMAN RollllTide!'s Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Coach Saban. There is never a completion to any life. Success is always a journey until your last breath. I am sure that he and Terry has to be laughing at the specter that has been planted by the news idiots and the ESPN types that love to stir the $hit about predicting the failure of the Alabama train that keeps on rolling.

I listened to the interview and didn't get a feeling that he or she is restless. Only the media is projecting that. The next thing they are going to show is a replay of him in Miami stating that he is not going to be the Alabama coach. I believe that all this crap is designed to rattle the fan base and prove that the media can influence the outcome of the national championship game. If you tell a lie often enough you can pass a lie detector test eventually because you will believe it yourself.

I am going to say it out loud to the media:

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Saban to Cleveland rumors

Just saying: if he does end up leaving, I hope he comes to coach the Eagles!!! ;D

We will be looking for a new head coach for next year.

Thanks to mrchase!

Senior Member ALL-AMERICAN EuroTide's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGirl View Post
    Just saying: if he does end up leaving, I hope he comes to coach the Eagles!!! ;D

We will be looking for a new head coach for next year.
    am i just wrong or was it just a few weeks back when i said that Reid will be gone and you denied that