Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Gus to the barn

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have those three in the back field, I want one of them to get the ball in some fashion every play. Or at least almost every play.
    If a team doesn't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how the hell are they gonna play tough on Saturday?

Paul W. Bryant

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 914 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking at those four players who were part of the Springdale Five along with Malzahn only one made it through his eligibility. Mustain and and Williams transferred out.

Talked with TID about it a few minutes and looking back he sees Malzahn's influence as dissension.

We see kids under him leaving Arkansas because of playing time and coaching decisions, Reuben Foster stating he plays where Trooper coaches, and the problems that we've talked about ad nauseum.

The more I think about it, the more I'm lead to believe he's nothing but a fresh Band-aid. Does Ellis Johnson help? He certainly doesn't have anything on his resume that makes me think so. In fact, a blemish with a team in disarray in 2000 is in bold print in my mind.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Looking at those four players who were part of the Springdale Five along with Malzahn only one made it through his eligibility. Mustain and and Williams transferred out.

Talked with TID about it a few minutes and looking back he sees Malzahn's influence as dissension.

We see kids under him leaving Arkansas because of playing time and coaching decisions, Reuben Foster stating he plays where Trooper coaches, and the problems that we've talked about ad nauseum.

The more I think about it, the more I'm lead to believe he's nothing but a fresh Band-aid. Does Ellis Johnson help? He certainly doesn't have anything on his resume that makes me think so. In fact, a blemish with a team in disarray in 2000 is in bold print in my mind.
    As it should be. From what I understand, he was a major part of the division among the coaching staff.
    If a team doesn't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how the hell are they gonna play tough on Saturday?

Paul W. Bryant

Senior Member HALL OF FAME MEMBER RTB Twitter Bot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CFBW: RT @WesleySinor: "Only Wanna Be With You" playing over the speakers at Jordan-Hare. Let me tell you, nothing gets football players jacke ...

CFBW: RT @WesleySinor: "Only Wanna Be With You" playing over the speakers at Jordan-Hare. Let me tell you, nothing gets football players jacke ...

More...

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744724.jpg

Congrat on the hire AU...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamadezz For This Useful Post:

BamaDelta (12-10-2012), bamaraider (12-10-2012)