STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something about Jerry Jones being involved in this doesn't sit right with me. I'm sure he has the deepest pockets of the Arkansas folks, but I'll be damned if I would want a guy who can't fix the Cowboy's meddling with the Razorbacks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to planomateo For This Useful Post:

bamascw (11-28-2012)

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So .. do we know if this offer was legit, or not? If not, sorry for posting it!!

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 910 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGirl View Post
    So .. do we know if this offer was legit, or not? If not, sorry for posting it!!
    I have my doubts we'll ever know for sure unless he ends up in Fayetteville.

SportsbyBrooks has trolled a lot in his time. He has no credibility. Did he stumble across a breaking story and beat every other outlet on reporting the gist of it? Everyone, at sometime, has the ability to get one right.

I have my doubts and they aren't small.

Don't apologize for posting this...it's news right now and conversations all over the 'net are centered on it. It's a coaching story/hiring rumor...it's part of what makes this time of the year fun.

planomateo mentioned the story about Gruden being offered part of the Browns as a portion of the contract with UT. That's so far from even being real it's hilarious. But definitely not a waste of server space!!!

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Les Miles story could be legit - its not like LSU didn't offer a softball coach last year for a equal move - to think they almost got him too - and Bama got him back and won it all. What I find ironic with the whole Les Miles idea, is that some of the LSU fans that wanted him gone time and time again are the same ones pissed right now. FANatics are lunatics sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    planomateo mentioned the story about Gruden being offered part of the Browns as a portion of the contract with UT. That's so far from even being real it's hilarious. But definitely not a waste of server space!!!
    You mean its not true...crap. I can't understand how people would even believe this kinda stuff - partial ownership of the Browns.

Member SCOUT TEAM Houndstoothpuller's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, Miles makes less than CNS per year, couldn't this be Miles' and his agent's way of upping his contract even in light of not winning NC this year? Or last year (did win SEC)? OR year before that or the year before...

Contact ARk, start a rumor, have LSU counter offer to keep him....?>
    Lady I know that's a big LSU fan from down there says she can hardly find an LSU fan that likes him being their coach anymore.

Senior Member HEISMAN XXL TideFan's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miles has about two years left to bring the corndogs some hardware. Getting kicked in the junk in last years NCG started the flame on his gumbo butt. With every loss to Saban or even with every accolade that Saban garners the flame gets hotter. If he has a bowl loss and Bama wins the NC ditto. If he loses to Bama in Ttown next year the corndogs will be apoplectic.
    Last edited by XXL TideFan; 11-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER rammerjammer's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Report: Arkansas Offers Les Miles 5-Year Deal

I was down in Louisiana for 2 weeks leading up to the Bama/LSU game and couldn't find anyone that liked Les Miles. A bunch were LSU grads and they a thought he was an idiot.

Senior Member HEISMAN Southern Bama's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 wins with 20 losses since 2005. 5-2 in Bowl games with one NC win and another NC appearance. There are ALOT of teams and fanbases that dream of those numbers. That being said....I think hes crazy as a loon but he recruits well and his teams win.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Bama For This Useful Post:

planomateo (11-28-2012)

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 910 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Houndstoothpuller View Post
    IIRC, Miles makes less than CNS per year, couldn't this be Miles' and his agent's way of upping his contract even in light of not winning NC this year? Or last year (did win SEC)? OR year before that or the year before...

Contact ARk, start a rumor, have LSU counter offer to keep him....?>
    Lady I know that's a big LSU fan from down there says she can hardly find an LSU fan that likes him being their coach anymore.
    I could only speculate on whether it's a ploy but you have touched on one thing about Miles that is true.

If LSU would have won the BCSNC in January it would have meant he would have received about six million more on the term of his contract as it stands today.

I may have my numbers off a little here, but I know I'm pretty damn close.

He's paid 3.75 mill for last year. Add an additional 200k for both the SECCG win and the appearance in the BCS.

Now, with a win that 3.75 would have been bumped $1000 over the highest paid coach in the SEC. Last year that was Saban, and I believe it was 4.75MM.

As of today, Les has five years left on his current contract. So, doing the math a win last year would have put close to 6MM more in his pocket over the remainder of his contract.

Senior Member HALL OF FAME MEMBER RTB Twitter Bot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default jonsol: Les Miles gets extension and raise at LSU. Miles mastered the Tommy Tuberville playbook on how to flirt with Arkansas.

jonsol: Les Miles gets extension and raise at LSU. Miles mastered the Tommy Tuberville playbook on how to flirt with Arkansas.

More...