User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: With all the coaches fired so far, who would you select as the coach who did the WORST job in 2012?

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 915 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0LDSCH00L View Post
    USM has no quality athletes compared to Auburn or any other team for that fact:
    Yet, out of the 22 starters Johnson had 18 Jr's and Sr's on his starting lineups. So, the same players that were there last year and had a winning record lose every game they had this season? No quality athletes isn't a mitigating circumstance explaining the sudden collapse.

Granted, they were starting a frosh QB and RB. But behind a experience laden offensive line?

HALL OF FAME MEMBER Kirk Van de Graaff's Avatar
    Zeppelin builder from way back. Orville and Wilbur Suck!
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlie Weiss stunk it up pretty bad. Not that Kansas is something, but to only get one win? A little Nugget... Buddy Wyatt is coaching the D-line there if you all didn't know.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1966 View Post
    Charlie Weiss stunk it up pretty bad. Not that Kansas is something, but to only get one win?
    True. But, like Kiffin, he hasn't been fired.

You know, a few years ago I touched a cable TV line (barefoot, wet grass) and didn't know they had an electrical current. Do telephone system lines carry a charge as well? And if so, did you touch one today?

It is nice to see you dropping in more often Kirk!

Senior Member HEISMAN XXL TideFan's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the phone lines carry an electrical current. Stuck my tongue to the end ONCE! 5 volts I believe.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XXL TideFan View Post
    Yes the phone lines carry an electrical current. Stuck my tongue to the end ONCE! 5 volts I believe.
    OK, I don't feel so bad about the cable line now. I certainly didn't stick my tongue on it!!!

Hijack is now over...back to original programming.

Registered Users HEISMAN ElephantStomp's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with Ellis. I do not understand at all how you take a team like what Ellis inherited and completely ruin it and run it into the ground the way he did

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    If you hang around after this season works its way out you'll eventually see psychojoe post. I mention him because we discuss different games throughout the week that are worth playing.

It's been a running joke, though it's been very true, if we have a tough time to figure out which is the last game to play "pick Illinois, they don't cover" even when being a big dog.

Purdue's action did shock me. I realize they were in Detroit last year for a bowl game but I also had to reflect on the point they hadn't been in a bowl in three or four years prior. Hell, they were 6-6 going into the bowl season last year.

I'm wondering if they somehow had/have an inkling there's a better coach waiting, more importantly willing, to take the job?
    They don't have one lined up yet. Hope said he didn't have a strong contract and a small pool for asst. coaches. Purdue renovated Ross Ade stadium and Mackey arena and added a really nice new athlectic facility next to them so the facilities aren't the issue. Rumor has it they are going to open their pocket books to get a coach who can bring in good assistants that have experience and can recruit. AD Burke has already reached out to formers Colts GM Bill Polian and current Colts GM Grigson (former Boiler) for advice.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1966 View Post
    Charlie Weiss stunk it up pretty bad. Not that Kansas is something, but to only get one win? A little Nugget... Buddy Wyatt is coaching the D-line there if you all didn't know.
    Charlie Weiss does not know how to run a college program. When at ND he treated it the same as a pro program. He didn't develop players and he left his assts. fighting with each other all the time. I admire Charlie because as an ND grad he always had the schools best interest at heart, but he was just in over his head.

HALL OF FAME MEMBER Kirk Van de Graaff's Avatar
    Zeppelin builder from way back. Orville and Wilbur Suck!
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    True. But, like Kiffin, he hasn't been fired.

You know, a few years ago I touched a cable TV line (barefoot, wet grass) and didn't know they had an electrical current. Do telephone system lines carry a charge as well? And if so, did you touch one today?

It is nice to see you dropping in more often Kirk!
    Thanks bro