BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 914 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

jd,

After thinking about that game for a couple of weeks I drew this conclusion.

What plagued Alabama that day was the same thing that caught Kansas State and Oregon.

It wasn't about winning each and every play. It was about what was on the scoreboard at the end of the fourth quarter.

I'm sure it's easy to look at the rankings and think, "all we have to do is win out and we're in." The problem lies is forgetting you have to win the battle in front of you and forget about the war.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerryP For This Useful Post:

Bamabww (11-28-2012), Crimson&WhiteGecko (11-27-2012)

Member SCOUT TEAM Houndstoothpuller's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with jd that some of our passes seemed pulled out of an unrelated offensive scheme and unrelated identity, and as he put it 'unnecessary'.

We all know you can't JUST run the ball, but which is your identity, having a qb shootout or giving the other team the demoralizing job of stopping a brutal....brutal running game?

I can tell you which offense UGA will like to see of ours Saturday...the passing one.

Run baby run, run the ball, run the clock, run that scheme, run that screen, run that blitz package over and over, run all the way to Miami, then run slap over some golden domes, baby!!

Senior Member ALL-CONFERENCE bamagirl917's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdpas29 View Post
    i look for some big plays by uga in the passing game in this one and that will likely open up the running game and underneath routes against our secondary which have had a hard time against all the decent passing teams we've played to my recollection. i'm prepared to see our defense look pretty bad in this one. sry.
    After we win Saturday, the mods should change your username to "buzzkill" and make you keep it for 1yr for posting this.

Aaron Murray is no JFF and he isn't going to run circles around us. If we don't turn the ball over a million times like Florida, I don't see the problem. I have faith that the staff is getting our guys as prepared as possible...they've known what needs to be worked on since LSU but unfortunately couldn't get it corrected before the next week, but I have no doubt we'll look much better prepared for this one

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamagirl917 For This Useful Post:

jdpas29 (11-28-2012), tidentrue (11-27-2012)

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 914 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bamagirl917 View Post
    After we win Saturday, the mods should change your username to "buzzkill" and make you keep it for 1yr for posting this.

Aaron Murray is no JFF and he isn't going to run circles around us. If we don't turn the ball over a million times like Florida, I don't see the problem. I have faith that the staff is getting our guys as prepared as possible...they've known what needs to be worked on since LSU but unfortunately couldn't get it corrected before the next week, but I have no doubt we'll look much better prepared for this one
    Having had conversations with jd for years now I certainly don't see him as a buzz kill. I've seen him put on Crimson colored glasses and I've seen him put them in the other room.

Good balance if you ask me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryP For This Useful Post:

jdpas29 (11-28-2012)

Registered Users HEISMAN jdpas29's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wife would love that nickname for me though! thanks, Bamagirl.... "BUZZKILL"

thanks, Terry. i appreciate your remarks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jdpas29 For This Useful Post:

bamagirl917 (11-28-2012)

Senior Member ALL-CONFERENCE bamagirl917's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Having had conversations with jd for years now I certainly don't see him as a buzz kill. I've seen him put on Crimson colored glasses and I've seen him put them in the other room.

Good balance if you ask me.
    It was said in jest. The post was still a buzz kill, though!