User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: check out the poll on espn...

  1. #1
    Registered Users HEISMAN jdpas29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Millbrook
    Posts
    1,283
    BamaBucks
    3,055
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default check out the poll on espn...

    i found it quite humorous... it is a plain old vote for who you think will win the SECCG. jawja won only one state... jawja.

    i actually think this game is a toss-up.

    Bama has been devolving offensively, and a 49-0 win over auburn doesn't prove that it's getting that much better. the aubs are horrible. the way Bama's offense struggled against the last two decent defenses we played says to me that saturday could also be a long day with UGa having a good secondary and some talent in their front 7 also. imo our offensive coord really needs to block out the part of his mind that thinks like a QB and just look at what we do best. RUN. i do like the long passes that we did on saturday, but doing those against uga is a very different matter especially with the loss of Bell. uga has had some problems stopping the run at times this year and i would love for Bama to be able to run #4 and #42 until they say uncle.

    on the flip side of the ball.. all uga has to do is the exact offensive game plan that lsu implemented. i think uga can do what lsu tried to do but better.

    i look for some big plays by uga in the passing game in this one and that will likely open up the running game and underneath routes against our secondary which have had a hard time against all the decent passing teams we've played to my recollection. i'm prepared to see our defense look pretty bad in this one. sry.

    the difference in the game will be whether the Bama offense that played earlier in the year shows up or the one we watched fizzle at lsu and tamu.

  2. #2
    Registered Users HEISMAN jdpas29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Millbrook
    Posts
    1,283
    BamaBucks
    3,055
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm sorry... after reading my post i realize how negative i sound.

    i would now like to follow all that with ROLL TIDE!!! beat the puppies!

  3. #3
    Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    15,630
    BamaBucks
    20,519
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 454 Times in 304 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    431 yards against Texas A&M is struggling? Our problem in that game was the slow start and mistakes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member HEISMAN Southern Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,084
    BamaBucks
    1,408
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It will be interesting to see how Murray responds to the pressure of this type of game.

  5. #5
    Registered Users HEISMAN jdpas29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Millbrook
    Posts
    1,283
    BamaBucks
    3,055
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman37 View Post
    431 yards against Texas A&M is struggling? Our problem in that game was the slow start and mistakes.
    Subtract one iong pass play and that is a more accurate picture of what the game actually looked like... against a defense that had struggled against previous, lesser opponents. We struggled all day with the exception of 2-3 drives and one long pass from the best of my recollection. It wasnt pretty.

    The lsu showing was worse but that was a bit more expected given their talent and reputation on defense.

    All im saying is... i dont expect alabamas offense to look much better than it did in those 2 games... especially given yhe loss if Bell at wr.

  6. #6
    Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    15,630
    BamaBucks
    20,519
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 454 Times in 304 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdpas29 View Post
    Subtract one iong pass play and that is a more accurate picture of what the game actually looked like... against a defense that had struggled against previous, lesser opponents. We struggled all day with the exception of 2-3 drives and one long pass from the best of my recollection. It wasnt pretty.

    The lsu showing was worse but that was a bit more expected given their talent and reputation on defense.

    All im saying is... i dont expect alabamas offense to look much better than it did in those 2 games... especially given yhe loss if Bell at wr.
    First off, AJ had 3 long pass plays... but why would you subtract ANY of them? They happened... what kinda logic is that? You're recollection is failing you man, we had several good drives in that game. One of them ended with a bad hand off that turned into a turnover and one an interception on the goal line. You realize Lacy averaged almost 6 yards a carry in that game right?

  7. #7
    Senior Member HEISMAN RollllTide!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,186
    BamaBucks
    7,267
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That game was over for TAAM if that one goal line pass had been two inches to the right. Yes they won and their defense on that one play made the difference. Offense wins style points but defense wins championships. RollllTide!

    I am not making excuses but if Obama can blame Bush I am just saying.......

  8. #8
    Registered Users HEISMAN jdpas29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Millbrook
    Posts
    1,283
    BamaBucks
    3,055
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman37 View Post
    First off, AJ had 3 long pass plays... but why would you subtract ANY of them? They happened... what kinda logic is that? You're recollection is failing you man, we had several good drives in that game. One of them ended with a bad hand off that turned into a turnover and one an interception on the goal line. You realize Lacy averaged almost 6 yards a carry in that game right?
    i guess you're just more of an optimist than i am Bird. i just can't watch the tamu replay and come away feeling like our offense played well.... can't do it. the only other argument i can see is that the players did the best with the plays that were called. during the game i remember thinking that a lot of the passing we were attempting seemed wholly unnecessary.

    there aren't many games where lacy doesn't have about 6 ypc? but it doesn't matter if it's 1st and goal from the 6 and he (or another rb) doesn't get the ball. yes i'm still bitter about that set of downs. it will probably be sometime during the 2025 season before i forget the play calling in that situation.

  9. #9
    Registered Users ALL-CONFERENCE alabama mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Wheelersburg, OH. born and raised in Florence, AL.
    Posts
    383
    BamaBucks
    1,814
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saturday's game is going to be a cat fight IMO. It is difficult to be the "king of the hill" every week when everyone is trying to knock you off the hill. Bama cannot make major mistakes in this game and come out with a win in Hotlanta. The bulldogs are going to have to step up big time on defense and not give up the big plays or yards they have this season.

  10. #10
    Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    15,630
    BamaBucks
    20,519
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 454 Times in 304 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdpas29 View Post
    i guess you're just more of an optimist than i am Bird. i just can't watch the tamu replay and come away feeling like our offense played well.... can't do it. the only other argument i can see is that the players did the best with the plays that were called. during the game i remember thinking that a lot of the passing we were attempting seemed wholly unnecessary.

    there aren't many games where lacy doesn't have about 6 ypc? but it doesn't matter if it's 1st and goal from the 6 and he (or another rb) doesn't get the ball. yes i'm still bitter about that set of downs. it will probably be sometime during the 2025 season before i forget the play calling in that situation.
    I agree with the play calling down there on the goal line but it doesnt take away that we were able to move the ball well for the majority of the game, especially in the 2nd half. AJ had a cpl bad mistakes that REALLY cost (tho play calling gets half the blame on the pick at the goal line), but I still dont understand you wanted to take away the deep passes AJ hit in the game from the numbers. Especially since one was Amari just flat out BURNING a corner, one was Bell burning the entire secondary, and the other was a hot route where Amari abandoned his route when AJ scramble and AJ recognized it and threw it deep in a perfect play.

    Did we play our best ball, HELL NO, your best ball means not making KEY mistakes that cost you the game.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •