Thread: Gameday aTm Thread

Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well fellas if A&M was Oregon-lite... I'd hate to know what Oregon forreal would do to us...

too many mistakes on offense killed ourselves, we had the chances (more than one) and couldnt get off the field on the 3rd down at all... that D just as good as we all thought, no other way I can put it. We got exposed the last cpl weeks. Just gotta hope we can get focused and pull ahead, the season isnt over. National Titles hopes probably are but there is alot of season left.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If 2 of the 3 undefeated teams lose then I still think Alabama has a chance at making it to NC game. If not, Alabama has a chance of winning the SEC which is something they did not do last year.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silvermetalflake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TideAlum05 View Post
    WHat should he have done there on 4th down? Not throw it? Criticize the play call all you want, but AJ had to throw it. No one was open.
    Of course he had to throw it.. but it wasn't a case of no one open....the ball was under thrown.... behind the intended Bama receiver and right smack into awaiting A&M mitts.
    And no one was open. The defender would've been able to make a play on pretty much any throw made there. Rolling him out on the play call was the stupid part, not the throw. He tried to fit the ball into the only, albeit small, window available on that play.

Why on earth they rolled him and took half the field away is beyond me. I probably would've run it with that behemoth wearing #42 and walked out still #1. I'd rather take my chances with your OL and Lacy than a weak bootleg throw.

Roll Tide Roll HEISMAN BAMA JAMMA's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ this!!!

I knew we were toast when we threw it at the goal line yet again on first down :chat2_fight:. Feed the freaking backs and let our Oline and Jesse Williams help push them in!!! It was working for most of the night. Not feeling the play calling in critical situations today.

Registered Users HEISMAN bamaraider's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One thing we are missing is a good TE... Last year we had Brad Smelley, 09 we had Collin Peak....

Registered Users HEISMAN bamatommy's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    Why on earth they rolled him and took half the field away is beyond me. I probably would've run it with that behemoth wearing #42 and walked out still #1. I'd rather take my chances with your OL and Lacy than a weak bootleg throw.
    Yep.

RTB STAFF - MODERATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER It Takes Eleven's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saban addressed this in his postgame radio interview with Eli. He said we should've transitioned from hurry up to normal O when we had first and goal (read: run on 1st down instead of pass). He also said the CB slipped the pick on the play and was in position to cover the pass. I don't fault AJ on the throw. He had to throw it when he did or there would've been no chance on the play.