Registered Users HALL OF FAME MEMBER Birdman37's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Conservatives Bash Christie

As New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) joined President Obama today to survey the devastated shores of the New Jersey coastline, conservative commentators launched into political attacks, calling him “fat and a fool,” and claiming that the tour of the damage was a shared campaign event. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who normally reserves his derision for Democrats, went so far as to say of Christie: “He’s fat and a fool. Don’t listen to Governor Christie. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” But Limbaugh clinched the quote with his reasoning for being so vicious: “He makes fun of me all the time.”
    A writer for the right-wing Daily Caller, Matt Lewis, hopped onto the anti-Christie bandwagon as well, in a post titled “What’s Chris Christie up to?” Lewis called Christie “a prop for Obama’s re-election” and speculated that there must be some kind of “Christie/Romney schism.”
    The right wing fodder site Drudge Report also attacked Christie, though it took its usual, more inflammatory tone to do so:

No one can figure out exactly what is going through Christie’s head, but it’s certainly not impossible that the lifelong Jersey boy truly is concerned about his state first, and his party second. Giving warranted praise to a President who does his job well is not exactly treason to his party — especially since Christie was the Republican National Convention speaker, and many Republicans have expressed hope that he runs for national office in the future.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...ves/?mobile=nc

Count radio host Rush Limbaugh as a conservative who wasn't too happy with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's welcoming of President Barack Obama to his state on Wednesday.
    Limbaugh ripped Christie, calling him a "Greek column" for the Obama re-election campaign on his show Wednesday. (There's that good photoshop from the Limbaugh site, too.)
    Here's Rush:
    "New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has decided to play the role of a Greek column today for President Obama. Obama and Chris Christie will tour the Jersey shore. Who lives on the shoreline, Snerdley? That's exactly right. The one percent live on the beach. It isn't cheap, Rachel. I don't know if you know this or not. It isn't cheap to live on the beach anywhere. Well, there are a couple places, but, I mean, for the most part.
    President Obama and the Greek column, Chris Christie, will be walking the coastline, viewing properties owned by the one-percenters, to whom Barack Obama has said, "You didn't build that. You didn't make that happen."
    Two theories on what this means: One is that it's a reference to Obama's 2008 speech at the Democratic National Convention, for which the backdrop was "four imposing Doric columns and 10 sizable pilasters, all connected by a frieze and arranged in a gently curving arc."
    Another is that Limbaugh thinks Christie is intentionally acting as the Greek column, the "shiny object" propping up Obama this time around. Speculation has already ensued on that, centering on Christie hoping to improve his bipartisan standing for re-election efforts in 2013 and possible presidential aspirations in 2016.
    Or, perhaps, Limbaugh is just blowing off some steam. What do you think?

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol I get it, its conservative viewpoints only allowed... got it...

Registered Users HEISMAN ElephantStomp's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Christie was poising himself for a 2016 run and a Romney win would do that thought in, but Christie was the least of the problems

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if we can just get a Mexican Lesbian with a peg-leg elected next time, we can extinguish the rest of Americas "white guilt" in one fell swoop
    UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA SIDEWALK ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
    **************** MEMBER SINCE 1968***************

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered Users HEISMAN ElephantStomp's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other thing won Obama the election is from May to June his campaign spent $100 billion on negative adds in the swing states and they went unchecked. Romney didn't challenge them or anything remotely close. Romney also didn't do a good enough job of explaining to people how he would things to cut the deficit, handle the debt, etc and just saying closing loopholes and deductibles wasn't near enough.

Also, Sandy stopped Romney's momentum and instead of him going to NY and NJ he stayed in Ohio and collected food, but there were 5 days where he wasn't on tv or anything, which allowed Obama to eat away at Romney's lead and the obvious Christie's bromance with Obama didn't help at all.

Our party's ignorance that forces candidates to have to move to the right to get voted for in the primaries hurts us. Conservatives didn't really back Romney, so they stayed home. Again the ignorance of the GOP for Inge candidates to move to the right hurt us.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Crazy View Post
    11. The biggest reason is demographics (There are just more Liberals in the country than Conservatives thanks to the liberal media, a very liberal education system and a huge influx of Hispanics.
    I don't know if I agree with that... I don't think Romney's strategists had the right plan, combined with what you state above, but in a different way.

The Republicans will have to soften their stance on some things - what they are selling just won't work in the current "rules".

Here's the deal...

There are only a few states that flip back and forth, thanks in part to people like me - the Independents. So, they people running don't waste their time on say states like Texas, or California because they know how it will vote. The spend all their money campaigning in the so called battleground states, so the vast majority of the population doesn't get to see what that money buys - or in a different way, doesn't get to see the BS on TV from both parties in advertising.

So, if we go to popular vote, its a whole different picture...every vote counts and every state/area is important - now, certain counties/cities might be neglected due to the way they vote, but you can bet that all parties will be thinking about everyone vs Florida, Ohio, Colorado, etc.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know none of you seem to give a damn about my opinion on anything here but I'm gonna give it anyway...

The only two people that I know that DIDN'T vote was a friend of mine that is my age and my dad... my dad (a big time conservative that hates every single political opinion I have) hates Romney for the simple fact that hes a Mormon (no joke) and thinks hes "sleazy"... my friend, a conservative unfortunately, said he wouldn't vote for Romney because he had no idea what his real stance on anything was, all he did was flip flop back and forth.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like reading the back and forth between you and CC.....you make some valid points

Senior Member HEISMAN XXL TideFan's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obama won because there isn't that much difference between he and Romney. The GOP keeps putting up the likes of John McCain, Bob Dole, Mitt Romney, etc. GW Bush was the bridge candidate between the two parties that have effectively castrated the GOP.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to XXL TideFan For This Useful Post:

tidentrue (11-08-2012)