BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh lawd! it was bound to happen.

HALL OF FAME MEMBER Kirk Van de Graaff's Avatar
    Zeppelin builder from way back. Orville and Wilbur Suck!
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end, he said he had to take it out on somebody. LOL

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER Doemasters's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way i would have been the first to ask a question

RTB.com's Alabama News Bot HALL OF FAME MEMBER BAMANEWSBOT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nick Saban's (latest) tirade: read all about it

The first Nick Saban outburst of the 2012 season registered a 4.2 on the Richter scale Wednesday. It was felt in two states: Alabama and Kentucky.
    How did it miss Tennessee? Only another football coach – not a geologist – could explain.

Saban clearly was rubbed a little raw Monday by a question that in essence pertained to how much playing time his second-team quarterback might get in the home opener Saturday against Western Kentucky.

He is upset about glowing reports of his Alabama football team’s season-opening 41-14 victory over No. 8 Michigan swelling the heads of his younger players.

So he shook a little ground in his press conference after practice.

“You know, there's a tremendous balance between humility and confidence,” Saban began, glancing at notes. “And this game is a struggle. It's a struggle every day. And you've got to embrace it every day.

“And you've got to go out there and try to earn it every day, to be as good a player as you can be. You've got to have a tremendous amount of character, confidence, mental and physical toughness. You've got to be driven to be the best. And you've got to be able to handle success.”

Saban then said he hated to be negative with anybody.

“But when you people start writing stuff about people that we're playing that doesn't give them the proper respect, that's not fair,” he barked. “It's not fair to them, to their players who work hard. It's not fair to our players, who need to respect them.

“And to make presumptions like you all make really, really upsets me. It really does. It's so unfair. You don't need to write about that. There are so many more good things you can write about happening around here that people would be interested in. I'd love to see some of you do a little bit of research, and figure it out. It would really do my heart good.”

Saban said he just had to get that off his chest.

“What makes the really good players good?” he asked. “What makes the really good teams good? They have those intangible things that make them good. It's work every day around here to try to keep our guys on track to have a little bit of humility and confidence. We win one game and I can't believe what gets written.”

Saban was asked earlier in the day, on the SEC coaches’ teleconference, about second-game letdowns. In 2008, Alabama opened with a 34-10 victory over Clemson. The following week, it compiled only 172 yards and struggled to a 20-6 victory over Tulane. In 2009, the Tide opened with a 34-24 victory over Virginia Tech. The following week, it trailed Florida International 14-13 in the second quarter before pulling away to a 40-14 victory.

“We did play two teams in these neutral site games before, and played horrible the next week, because a lot of the same kind of stuff happened,” Saban said Wednesday evening.

"I'm just giving you my opinion. I respect what y'all do. I understand you're not here to promote our program. …

“We play the games for a reason. … When we make all these predictions of what's going to happen, it takes away from the game, I think. Just like everybody talks about who's going to win the national championship. Why do we play the games? We've got a lot of great games coming up. Why do we play those?”

Earlier, more four-letter words were flying at practice than anyone heard the entire month of August. The defensive backs felt most of the wrath, much of it directly from Saban.

Saban’s press conference lasted less than six minutes. He ended with an apology for intimidating reporters, only three of whom asked questions.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not posted on here in 3 yrs for the simple fact that i got bored with the whole commenting on message boards,but this video made me kinda surprised.I been listening to radio shows and reading message boards and been listening to to how Saban was gonna down play expectations and say how we have alot of work to do and try to deflect complacement and yada yada yada,same crap ive never agreed with,until i saw this,He did exactly what they said he would do,and i dont have a problem with that b/c he is the best coach in cfb,but man did he fall right into the status quo,its like we and them (The rest of america) knows he is gonna downplay us ( for the media) and have a tantrum,i know,i know, thats just what he does,but i hate being predictable like that,and they predicted it right down to the letter,i could just almost see the bad acting in that tantrum,i know most people will go off on me,but i just hate everyone saying that would happen and being as cheesy and status quo as it was.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER bamafan4ever's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I get what you saying Teague. Saban's outburst here seemed somewhat cliche' or scripted but it's all entertainment when we get right down to it. Saban strikes me as a guy who likes to get mad for the sake of getting mad AND to make a point to his team another way. It usually happens before a "lesser" opponent. Just watch. On LSU week, he will be the coolest customer in town and you will even see a more relaxed Saban next week. I guarantee you the team earned the press's ass chewing.

Registered Users HEISMAN BamaCore's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saban could walk into the press conference and do nothing but give knock-knock jokes for all I care. The man's doing his job on the field and if he thinks blowing up in a press conference is needed then so be it.

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 914 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teague13 View Post
    I have not posted on here in 3 yrs for the simple fact that i got bored with the whole commenting on message boards,but this video made me kinda surprised.I been listening to radio shows and reading message boards and been listening to to how Saban was gonna down play expectations and say how we have alot of work to do and try to deflect complacement and yada yada yada,same crap ive never agreed with,until i saw this,He did exactly what they said he would do,and i dont have a problem with that b/c he is the best coach in cfb,but man did he fall right into the status quo,its like we and them (The rest of america) knows he is gonna downplay us ( for the media) and have a tantrum,i know,i know, thats just what he does,but i hate being predictable like that,and they predicted it right down to the letter,i could just almost see the bad acting in that tantrum,i know most people will go off on me,but i just hate everyone saying that would happen and being as cheesy and status quo as it was.
    A blind man could see this coming last Saturday night, both in performance in the second half and in some of the comments after the game.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER bamafan4ever's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCore View Post
    Saban could walk into the press conference and do nothing but give knock-knock jokes for all I care. The man's doing his job on the field and if he thinks blowing up in a press conference is needed then so be it.
    You could bet that would be some of the most intense knock-knock jokes....ever! LOL!