Senior Member ALL-AMERICAN srollins's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gameday Shuttle service to Cowboy's Stadium for 9/1/12

Does anyone have a link to some information regarding shuttle access to and from the Alabama/Michigan game in Arlington.

I searched for rapid transit and it appears that Dallas has a great system, but it doesn't extend to Arlington where the stadium is.

I haven't been able to find any local shuttle services either. However I heard that some hotels in the area offered shuttle service for events at Cowboy's Stadium. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 619 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where you coming from - do you have a hotel? The parking lot around the stadium is HUGE - as the Texas Rangers and Dallas cowboys stadium are right next to each other - luckily the Rangers are in Cleveland during the game. When I went to the LSU/Oregon game, I parked about 3 blocks from the stadium and parked for like $25 I think, probably got there about 3-4 hours before kickoff.

I'll be driving down from extreme north Dallas - about 20 miles north of Plano and I pretty much take the tollway 95% of the way.

you might find some info here > http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/guestInfo.cfm or give them a call to find out if you don't find anything on the site.

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER rammerjammer's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just started to work on the details of my trip. I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express in Grand Prairie. I have four tickets, but it looks like my wife will be the odd one out. Right now we are thinking that she will drive us close to the stadium and drop us off. Then pick us up post game (several blocks away) and take us back to the hotel.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you are SE of the stadium, I don't know much about that area to be honest, I'd probably try to take some side roads to get there, I'd imagine depending on the time 360 will be packed. I-30 and 360 will be parking lots after the game.

There are alot of tailgating areas around the stadium as well. Last year LSU and Oregon had them all over the place - probably 85-90% LSU fans. I'm hoping its the same for Bama - I'm sure Michigan will travel very well for this game...far better than Oregon.

RTB STAFF - MODERATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER It Takes Eleven's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plano, I'm at the Renaissance on
    North Stemmons Freeway in Dallas. Any ideas on getting to and from the stadium?

RTR,

Tim

Junior Member RECRUIT Tide Rolling Through MD's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn DFW Airport West and I was going to take a cab if no shuttle is offered...

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll ask around the office today and get some opinions and post some info later today.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a good site to figure out traffic situations and road constructions around the DFW metroplex.

http://www.drivetexas.org/Full/

• Northern DFW airport exit is completely under construction - it can be a pain during rush hour - I drive this every month or so, its not that big of a deal, but just note its under alot of construction.
    • I understand that I-20 south of the stadium possibly has some construction.
    • 161 Tollway - south of I-30 is just service road they are working to build that into a tollway I believe.

Texas has service roads adjacent to most freeways and all tollways - the service roads run parallel to the major roads and have red lights (the link above shows which roads are tolls in green). The tollways don't have attendants or change machines any longer, they found it more cost effective to send you a bill in the mail based on your license plate than have people at all the tollboths/managing toll machines. Not sure how rental cars work with tolls, make sure you talk to rental company about this - I hate paying tolls, but they make travelling easy at times - they can also be parking lots coming outta downtown at rush hour.

It can be very hot - much different than Alabama - this place is a concrete jungle and retains heat like an oven late into the evening.

If you are driving, I suggest you wait a few seconds before going into the intersection - we have alot of red-light runners in my opinion.

Texas has whats called the Texas U-Turn or turnaround - just note that most far left lanes are for the turnaround only. Picture is below - if you are in the far left lane, its a u-turn lane essentially, so just be aware.

Senior Member ALL-AMERICAN srollins's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses!

Senior Member HEISMAN BamaDelta's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

planomateo, I'm at a Spring Hill/Marriott on Lamar. Normally they offer shuttle service in immediate area but not to athletic events. Is walking possible????