User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another defining statistic on Saban's time here RE: recruiting and 1st rounders.

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER Doemasters's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that just for the NFL? I know Tommy told me that he went to the USFL because of them paying more than the NFL the first few years

STAFF HALL OF FAME MEMBER planomateo's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 616 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it for sure has 1 USFL player, Joey Jones.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Your post made me look it up.
    And see, here I was thinking you were just smart like that.

Quote Originally Posted by uagrad93 View Post
    Stabler was a pretty good baseball player coming out of the prep ranks wasn't he? Don't know if he played on the Capstone or not, but that could've hurt him draft wise.
    I don't know if he played baseball at Bama or not, but it seems like I remember reading where he had offers to play pro baseball coming out of high school.
    If a team doesn't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how the hell are they gonna play tough on Saturday?

Paul W. Bryant

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,540 Times in 917 Posts
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    And see, here I was thinking you were just smart like that.
    I won't forget this... :abnormal: so, in the future...

-RTB ADMINISTRATOR HALL OF FAME MEMBER TerryP's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,540 Times in 917 Posts
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is little doubt as to how University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban has become known as one of college football’s coaching elite -- he consistently recruits and develops top high school talent into top NFL talent.

This was no better evidenced than at the 2012 NFL Draft held last weekend. The Crimson Tide led the way by having five players selected in the first 35 picks. Three more would follow in the rounds after to bring the total to eight.
    But this is not the first time that a Nick Saban led team has dominated the draft. While Saban was the head coach at Louisiana State University, he had 45 players (that he coached or signed) selected, with nine first-round draft picks and four of those being chosen in the top ten.
    While at Alabama, Saban has had 24 players' names called during the draft (that he coached or signed), with eleven first-round draft picks and six of those coming in the top ten.
    The “Process” that Saban has preached throughout his career has become part of Alabama and Southeastern Conference football lore in recent years, mostly because that “Process” has produced many of the top NFL draftees in the last decade.
    Since Saban became the head coach at Toledo in 1990, he has had 98 players selected, with 25 in the first round, and 11 in the top ten that he has coached or signed.

The numbers do not lie. The “Process” is proven.
    What’s scary to opposing fans is that he appears to be getting better with time. While at Alabama, almost half of the players drafted (11 out of 24), have been selected in the first round.
    He has found a way to turn the long, difficult, bumpy road that is the path to NFL into a smooth, wide-open Interstate headed straight towards draft day.
    When talking to a large group of high school campers, Saban once shared a quote from American author Jim Rohn that epitomizes the “Process” which reads, “We must all suffer from one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while disappointment weighs tons.”
    The good news for Alabama fans is that Saban and the football program show no signs of slowing down with seemingly annual top-ranked recruiting classes assuring the influx of talent as high as it has ever been at the Capstone.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another defining statistic on Saban's time here RE: recruiting and 1st rounders.

So what's the impressive part? Pfft

Best quote I've heard from an old football player:

"How are you not infuriated that you're not in the HOF?"

(looks down at the super bowl ring he's wearing that day) "These keep me warm at night."- Kenny Stabler

Seeing his name made me think of that