Dismiss Notice
Guest We're in the middle of some upgrades and style changes to make the site more user friendly as well as improving speed and functionality. You can expect these changes happening over the next few days. If you have any questions, or comments, please submit them in this thread for support. Thank you for your patience.

Football So, what was the "dust-up" between Saban and Kiffin all about on the sidelines?

Discussion in 'Fansights' started by TerryP, Jun 19, 2017.

1. TerryP

TerryP ADMINISTRATION

Liked:
    Now that Savage has released some of his book, the details are starting to emerge. The article is in the next post.

Of note here. The receiver that had the ball hit his hip? Foster. I've mentioned there was a "disconnect" between Kiffin and Foster last season. Here's a great example of such.

2. Copied over from another thread:

3. Cooper Bateman's starting nod vs. Ole Miss in 2015 is (kind of) explained

The 2015 Ole Miss game is an outlier in Alabama's 2015 national championship season, and not just because the Crimson Tide lost for the only time that year. It's also memorable because Cooper Bateman unexpectedly started over Jake Coker at quarterback. Savage writes that Coker and Saban got into a loud argument in Saban's office following a meeting during Thursday of that week, after Coker grew frustrated that Saban would not decide on a clear No. 1 quarterback. Savage stops short of implying that Coker was benched for disciplinary reasons, but the fact remains that Coker took over midway through the second quarter of the Ole Miss game and started every game after that.

Continue reading...

3. TUSKstuff

TUSKstuff Riding The Wave

Liked:
    Phil will remind Bama fans why Kiffin had to go. I think Saban wants spread concepts with power and ball control.

4. planomateo

planomateo 'cause small minds can't see past Uranus... ADMINISTRATION

Liked:
    336 pages according to Amazon, should be a good one.

5. 50+yeartidefan

50+yeartidefan

Liked:
    I wonder if the stories are cleared by NS....who I bet ....
    Has full control of who the radio people are....

6. uagrad93

uagrad93 Jack of all trades!! HARRY'S

Liked:
    Imagine LK more than likely bashing Foster everyday in practice with "dumbass this and dumbass that!" Kids eventually tune out a coach and shut it down without actually giving up the sport.

Bamabww likes this.
  7. Tidestalker

Tidestalker

Liked:
    Terry, can you please elaborate?! Not familiar with this ball/hip/Kiffin story...?

8. Tidestalker

Tidestalker

Liked:
    Well there's 0 doubt that Saban has given his blessing.

Any info or stories that Saban needs or wants to address, is done so via Savage or Cecil Hurt. Usually the timing is impeccable.

9. Bamabww

Bamabww Bench Warmer

Liked:
    I'll bet Phil's book will clear up several items about the Lane train and it's final departure from T-Town.

10. It Takes Eleven

It Takes Eleven Quoth the Raven... HARRY'S

Liked:
    You could tell there had been friction between the two. Following the Georgia game, Saban made it a point to go congratulate Coker on the game before going to midfield. I'm not a great lip reader, but Coker didn't seem to think much of it.

RTR,

Tim

11. TerryP

TerryP ADMINISTRATION

Liked:
    During the WKU game when Foster was in motion...the snap hit Foster in the hip when he was crossing behind the center. That was the play that incited the whole thing.