Dismiss Notice
Guest We're in the middle of some upgrades and style changes to make the site more user friendly as well as improving speed and functionality. You can expect these changes happening over the next few days. If you have any questions, or comments, please submit them in this thread for support. Thank you for your patience.

News Jesse Palmer re-signs with ESPN after bidding war with Fox--no longer calling games, in studio

Discussion in 'Fansights' started by 12gage, Jun 19, 2017.

1. 12gage

12gage Verified Member

Liked:
    Jesse Palmer has agreed to remain with ESPN after being hotly pursued by Fox Sports, sources tell Sporting News.

The college football analyst signed a seven-figure, multiyear contract to remain at ESPN, sources said. His previous contract with the network was set to expire in July.

Sources also said Palmer, the lead analyst for ESPN's SEC Network, will no longer call games; instead, he is expected to move into the studio full time for halftime and postgame coverage during Saturday games. That's where he used to work on "College Football Live" with the late John Saunders.

Moving to the studio will enable him to work out of New York, where he serves as a special contributor for ABC's "Good Morning America." Palmer will continue to serve in that role under a separate deal. Many non-sports fans may also remember Palmer as the first pro athlete to headline ABC's "The Bachelor" in 2004.

SN exclusive: Jesse Palmer re-signs with ESPN after bidding war with Fox

Bamabww likes this.
  2. BamaFan334

BamaFan334 Verified Member

Liked:
    Was starting not to mind the guy calling games. Hate losing him because as I get older it's getting more difficult for me to find play by play guys I truly enjoy. Beth Mowens doesn't do it for me like she doea for some of y'all.

3. Tidestalker

Tidestalker

Liked:
    I thought he was awesome in the booth. Liked him more there than in the studio

4. TUSKstuff

TUSKstuff Riding The Wave

Liked:
    Was not one of my favorites. Just too talkative and to say he has a preference for soft football teams is an understatement.

50+yeartidefan likes this.
  5. Bamabww

Bamabww Bench Warmer

Liked:
    I'm surprised there was a bidding war for his services.

6. rammerjammer

rammerjammer Gump 4ever

Liked:
    I'm going to miss Mussberger. Jesse grew on me. I thought he was pretty good. I think the talking too much was when there were 3 guys in the booth. He and Pollack seemed to war a bit over who would get to interject the most info with whomever the play by play guy was. When it was just Jesse and a play by play announcer, I thought he was pretty good. We need Blackledge.

BamaFan334 likes this.
  7. 50+yeartidefan

50+yeartidefan

Liked:
    Palmer was to chatty for me....Beth does great for softball...just not right for football...
    But then again thhey do games i dont watch...

8. 50+yeartidefan

50+yeartidefan

Liked:
    I kinda liked Pollack.....Blackledge needs to go to CBS .....would be a great team reunited.....

BamaFan334 likes this.
  9. ComeOnSon

ComeOnSon Apathetic

Liked:
    ESPN sealed it with an open account at Garanimals and Osh Kosh B'Gosh for his suits. I'm with @BamaFan334 on Mowens...dude does nothing for me.

Bamabww and rammerjammer like this.